The ALEXANDER VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL (AVFF) is the culmination of all of our year-round programs and celebrates annually the third weekend in October. Lauded as the hottest emerging regional film festival in the North Bay, nearly 2,000 people will come for the unique mix of independent cinema with a Hollywood flare. The Festival will feature domestic and international narrative features, documentaries, short films, special programs, winners from the Student Film Competition, community events and screenings, a thrilling Opening Night Celebration, and more!
In addition to screening cutting-edge films, AVFF showcases and hosts new and emerging talents from all over the world. We create opportunities for the community, students and adults alike, to meet, interact with, and learn from visiting artists. We also offer deeply discounted tickets to students so that no one will be turned away.
We look for quality content with themes relevant to issues and community members including:
- Female Directors
- Youth-oriented Social consciousness
- Legacy films Indie hits/Arthouse
This event is dedicated to bringing films and experiences to Northern Sonoma County to which the community would otherwise not have access. The 2018 Festival will take place October 18-21, 2018 (Thursday-Sunday) and anchors between The Clover Theater in Cloverdale and Raven Film Center in Healdsburg plus other venues throughout Northern Sonoma County.
- October 1st (Mon) - LAUNCH PARTY - (Healdsburg)
- October 18th (Thurs) - NEIGHBOR SCREENING - Alexander Valley Hall (Alexander Valley)
- October 19th (Fri) - OPENING NIGHT FILM and First Street Block Party (Cloverdale)
- October 20th (Sat) - Screenwriters Panel and Student Shorts (Coverdale) + SATURDAY NIGHT CLASSIC: Film & Food - Odd Fellows Hall (Geyserville)
- October 21st (Sun) - VIP Filmmaker Brunch (Cloverdale)+ CLOSING NIGHT FILM and Awards Reception (Healdsburg)
For more information about the Alexander Valley Film Society, visit www.avfilmsociety.org
or call 707.893.7150.